Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Gratitude - Day13

Today’s post is provided by Crystal Rhone. Crystal is the wife of Josh Rhone and mother of Quinton (5yrs old) and Madison (3yrs old). Along with her family, Crystal lives and ministers in the community of Mount Union, PA. Crystal enjoys playing with her kids, spending as much time as she can with her husband and supporting him as he fulfils his desires of furthering his education and reaching out to those that others don’t think about, and entertaining in their home.

As I think of the word gratitude I can’t help but think about all that God has brought me through to bring me to where I am today. We never enjoy going through the tough times in life, but it’s those tough times that moles us into the person that God intended us to be (Romans 5:3-4). Never in my wildest dreams while growing up would I have thought that I would be a pastor’s wife, ministering in a small town in PA, that is full of drugs, guns, and a lot of despair. I often times wonder, “God, why us? What can we do to help these people who are so lost?” It’s when I ask these questions that God reminds me of everything that He’s brought me through, even though they may not be the exact some thing, but I too was just as lost as some of these in our community. All that God is asking of me is to love the people in our community and to speak out about His love whenever the opportunity presents itself. Again, I never would have picked being a pastor’s wife in Mt. Union, but I am so thankful that God has placed us here and has given us such a passion for the people in our community. I’m so thankful that God has given me my husband, Josh, who is full of not only extreme knowledge, but compassion that even when he feels that he’s not making a difference, he doesn’t give up, but he starts to look for other avenues in which to make that difference.
I am also thankful that God has chosen me to be the mother of the 2 most loving kids in the world! Who knew that a 5yr old and a 3yr old could have such a passion to help those in need in our community and who wants to see people come to know Christ? Quinton and Maddie inspire me to continue even when I feel that we are not accomplishing anything for God’s Kingdom.
In short, I am so thankful that God is using those difficult times from my life to do some good in my life, my family’s life, and in the lives of others!

“Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!”
                                    -2 Corinthians 9:15

No comments:

Post a Comment