Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Gratitude - Day 5

Today's guest post is from Theresa Craw, a Seattle native who is a good friend, member of our prayer support team and a great softball player (in my opinion)
 
 
On the eve of my 40th birthday I find myself the most grateful I’ve ever been.  God has blessed with a healthy baby-to-be, due just after the New Year.  He’s also blessed with me with a rock-star family and friends who are already serving as my village.  When I sometimes worry about how I can best serve this child as a single parent, God doesn’t let me worry too long before he helps me remember that I am not alone.  He is here with me and this wonderful baby is part of His plan.  More than ever, I also find myself blessed that I was fortunate enough to grow up in a church community.  From a very early age my Grandma Grace made sure I attended my church’s elementary school and Sunday school and that the word of God was part of my everyday life.  It’s a gift that I will pass on to my child – the blessing of knowing that God loves us no matter what and that when we let the grace of God shine through our words and actions, those around us are blessed.  A Bible verse has surfaced as my new favorite, and through God’s love is how I pray that I can live my life and guide my family:  Phillipians 2:3-4, Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit.  Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of others.  Thank you Jesus, for all the blessings of my life.  Please provide me the strength and courage to follow your will and the compassion and love to live a life of humility and service of others.

1 comment:

  1. You are right God is there with you and that beautiful little life!!! I am so looking forward to be a small part of it !!

    ReplyDelete