Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Gratitude - Day 6

Today's guest post is from Kalyn Gustafson ... "I am a wife to my best friend, Jake, and mama to a spunky 3 year old girl.  It should also be stated that I am, for better or worse, a Seattleite to the core.  I love taking advantage of all this beautiful city has to offer, being crafty, throwing parties, and probably spend too much time on Pinterest as a result.  I am so thrilled to take part in Common Table's journey from the very beginning and to see what God is going to do through us in the city I love."
 
 
 
It would be an understatement to say that my childhood wasn't ideal.  For all intents and purposes, I shouldn't have the skills to have such a loving, healthy, family as an adult- something many of those who know my story remind me of constantly.  All I ever wanted growing up was to walk through the front door knowing what to expect on the other side.  God gave me that and so very much more.  It is only through His grace and love that I was able to accept and give unconditional love in my marriage and it is only through His teaching and molding of my heart that I can be proud of the mother I have become.  God has placed so many lessons and people in my path to fill in the gaps that my early years left. I am constantly astonished and grateful that the Creator of the universe has an interest in healing my broken heart.  Not a day goes by that I am not, for a moment, in thankful awe of such tender love and greatness.

1 comment:

  1. You reflect Gods love onto all those around you. We are very blessed to have you as a wife and mother.

    ReplyDelete