Saturday, November 2, 2013

Gratitude - day 2

Todays guest post is offered by Joanne (pronounced Joanie) Jacobs.  Besides being my wife of 29+ years, dedicated mom to two great adult children and a loving, crazy gramma to two (with another on the way), She holds the crucial role of "Community Facilitator" for Common Table.  In this role she is able to flourish in hospitality, the culinary arts and all things that build community both inside and outside of Common Table.
 
 
 
Gratitude.... What a word, I think about what that means as I sit in a place that I never thought I would be in. I am grateful for a partner to share this journey with and for friends that have supported not just myself but the dream of a vibrant growing community of faith in South Lake Union. More people being able to find and live out the story that the author of all stories has written for them, I am grateful to be able to play a part in that. More importantly I am grateful for those that will meet him maybe for the first time and allow their story to be intertwined with his and allow their lives to forever be changed. I am feeling grateful ....grateful for so much but also grateful that I am willing to listen to that voice inside my head and heart that encourages me to be willing to allow God to continue to write me into the pages of His story. Is that as easy as it sounds? Absolutely not. Will I continue? Absolutely! Scared....excited...amazed....scared again.....but most of all grateful.
 
 

"I thank my God every time I remember you.  In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus"             The apostle Paul writing in Philippians 1:3-6
 


No comments:

Post a Comment