Sunday, November 3, 2013

Gratitude - day 3

Todays thoughts on gratitude come from Common Table member Jake Gustafson who writes
 
"I am an East Coast transplant who now calls Seattle home. I get to share my life with my lovely and talented wife K and our adorable and bright 3 year-old daughter Elle. God has called our family to be part of this amazing church plant and share Christ's love with all of the people in this amazing city. My favorite past times include running, discovering new microbrews, and enjoying Seattle."


As I reflect on what I am grateful today during this journey I think about this quote by Albert Schweitzer.

"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us."

I think about the times in my life when I have had my light rekindled. I am grateful for those people, especially my beautiful and loving wife K. It was through her that God reconnected with me and started me on my journey back home. I will always be grateful for the way Jesus used my wife to be the spark in my life. As I continue on my spiritual journey I understand that God uses both the times when my light is out and when it is lit as an opportunity to work in my life.

******************************************************

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder to be grateful for the people that continually are the spark in my life as well as the times I need to be that for someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so blessed to be your wife and part of your journey with Christ. Thanks for the love!

    ReplyDelete