Monday, November 11, 2013

Gratitude - Day 11

Today, without just jumping on the national bandwagon, I am honestly grateful for our veterans and for everyone who has chosen a life of military service.  I am grateful for their willingness to endure the unthinkable so that I can live a life that is, if I'm going to be honest, quite unthinking.  What I mean is that we enjoy a quality of life so free from the hassle and strife which most of the world endures that most of the time I honestly don't stop to consider it.  I am often oblivious and entitled.  But I have this life, these freedoms, and this home through no work of my own.  I am privileged to live here, among and because of these heroes.   It is a privilege that too many of us, myself included, take for granted to the extent that we fail to remember...we fail to appreciate.  Today, on this day, I do remember, I do appreciate,  their sacrifice and I am reminded once more of the gratitude I often fail to express.

No comments:

Post a Comment