Friday, November 8, 2013

Gratitude - Day 8

This week has been one for the books, as they say (whomever "they" are).  In many ways it quite possibly should go into the chapter labeled "days I'd rather forget".  Without going in to details, let me just comment on the irony of a week like this during the beginning of our emphasis on gratitude.  I'd don't think it coincidence...I don't believe in them anyway.  I find it rather more along the lines of what happens when one begins to pray for patience. 
At the end of the week, looking back a bit more peacefully than it began, I am realizing, with ironic gratitude, that this was "one to remember", as they say.  The reason for remembrance is the whole reason for my gratitude.  I remember, once more, the provision of a God who hears prayer and is already in front of us.  I am grateful for being able, in the midst of it, to have been reading thoroughly a great work by Brennan Manning called "Ruthless Trust" and specifically his reminder that we can base our present trust on His past provision (my translation).  In the midst of the storm(s) I remembered, trust surfaced, and one more time God provided...and one more time I am overwhelmed by gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment