Sunday, November 10, 2013

Gratitude - Day 10

Todays post is provided by Joe Coleman.  Joe and his wife Karen are prayer partners with Common Table and live in Tampa, FL.  Some trivia about Joe ... He was a classmate of Dan and Joanne in the class of 1981 @ CW Baker High School in Baldwinsville, NY.  You do the math ...
 
 
 
 
 
Too often I find myself bogged down in the work at hand in my life – not just my day job but as a father, husband, son, brother or friend – that I don’t stop and look at the impact I have had on others.  I get caught up in the WTF’s of life.  But it is in those WTF moments that I am reminded of what is important.  In those WTF moments I rediscover the gratitude the world tried to squash.  It is indeed the WTF moments for which I am grateful.  Without those WTF moments, I would not be reminded of what is important – my relationships.  Without relationships I am nothing.  I am not a child of God, a husband, a dad or even a co-worker.  Without relationships I am a hermit. 
The world wants me to focus on the stuff I have and do not have.  The world wants me to focus on the to-do list at work.  The world wants me to focus on the bank statements.  The world wants me to focus on the WTF moments.  When I focus on them I miss God’s greatness.  Elijah had some WTF moments as well.  While God is always with us during the WTF moments, he is not in them.  God is in the whisper that our soul hears clearly.  1 Kings 19:11-12 reminds us that in the WTF moments, God will remind us he has not left us as he whispers to us, “You are never not loved.” 
I am grateful for the WTF moments in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment